Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Not doing 'Bigg Boss' for money: Swami Agnivesh


  
 





Not doing 'Bigg Boss' for money: Swami AgniveshMumbai: Swami Agnivesh, the latest entrant in the controversial reality show 'Bigg Boss', says he is not participating in the programme for money but wants to use the platform to bring about a change in the society.

Agnivesh is the fifth male contestant on the show, which is dominated by female contestants like Pooja Bedi, Juhi Parmar, Shonali Nagrajan, Mehak Chahal among others.

"I am not doing the show for money. I have never been a greedy guy, I was a professor of law in Kolkata when I left everything and came with one aim, to change the society. Bringing about a change is my sole purpose and I think this is a strong and powerful medium by which I can spread my message. By doing this show I want to pass on the message to our youth to come forward and bring about a change. I was very happy when I got this offer," Agnivesh told reporters here, ahead of his entry in the Bigg Boss house in Lonavala.

The former member of Team Anna, Agnivesh had a bitter fallout with them when a video surfaced in which he was seen talking to an unidentified person asking him to deal strongly with the Gandhian. This led to his estrangement from Team Anna.

When asked whether he would talk about Anna Hazare inside the house, Agnivesh said, "I have always been part of controversies. Since the day I decided to work towards my society I have been targeted and I don't fear these controversies but take them as an opportunity. I won't talk anything about Anna but if anyone asks me I will answer."

Swami also said that he will try and share his spiritual thoughts with the contestants inside.

"I will teach them yoga and meditation and will give them love. I have seen 2-3 episodes where they have been fighting but that doesn't bother me as they are better than the members of parliament who throw chairs, break micro phones and abuse each other, that's more embarrassing," he added.

Bigg Boss is the Indian version of international reality show 'Big Brother' and is known for its controversial candidates that include actors, TV stars, thieves, dacoits and politicians.

Agnivesh will make an unlikely contestant on the show, which is popular for expletive-ridden catfights among its members, who are locked for three months under 24X7 camera surveillance.

Uploads by drrakeshpunj

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

followers

style="border:0px;" alt="web tracker"/>